Sunday, October 26, 2008

Two Girls in China -- Outdoor Markets, Fabric Market

October 26, 2008

Today we went to the fabric market with Laura. Cool place, very well organized and surprisingly clean. The most beautiful fabric. Unfortunately, no tailors on site. Surrounding the market are all sorts of little stands with notions. I found the exact ribbon I was looking for for the store. I could not be any happier. I ordered 2000 yards, can pick it up Tuesday. Also found wonderful appliqués for shirts. They are great. Just got some for the kids but I need to figure out how to use them for the store. They are just too pretty to not share with human kind. We got these cool Mickey and Minnie Mouse ones. They would be so expensive it Disneyland. My dream? Get a contract with them for some t-shirt designs that I have in mind. But I need to settle down. I see all this stuff and have all these ideas what I can do with it. Just need to remember that I am doing home décor and gift items.
We bought some bread from a street vendor. He was pretty clean and the bread was good. It tasted a little like the Indian nan-bread. Very yummy! I am trying to be daring with the food but I am really cautious with the milk and I just heard on TV Asia that they now found melamine in eggs. Will it ever stop? It amazes me that people have no compunction to contaminate food to make a buck. I really think you can tell that they have no understanding of who they are and who their fellow man is. If they only knew of their divine heritage. How can you poison a member of your own royal family? The more I think about it, to know who you are, changes everything! How can you teach that? I will ponder this one some more?

No comments: