Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Two Girls in China -- Getting There







Here we are! Guangzhou, China. Wow, what a place!
Yesterday, we traveled for a total of about 24 hrs half-way around the globe. Crossing the international dateline actually made us lose a day. I can now say that I never fully experienced the 20 + 21 Oct, 2008. At least not measured in dates. Measured in impressions, it is a whole different story.

Flight: good but very long

Airplane food: forgettable but we didn't die

Airplane space: I can so relate to sardines now. And... you probably didn't want to know that but for the first time in my life, I well let's just say didn't keep my food down on a plane. Just ghastly!

Airplane seat neighbors: pretty nice actually, a definite highlight. A cute Philippino lady who just had knee surgery and asked me the entire time to do stuff for her. I was really happy to help her out and I thought it was so great, that she would freely ask. She was kind and had a cute smile and she smelled so good... some kind of shower gel she must use. Then a couple who lives in Boston and went back to their hometown Guangzhou for the first time in 10 years. And of course, the absolute highlight, my sweet Tashina by my side. What a treat it is to have her!

Restrooms at the Tokyo Airport: It seems weird to have a special section for that but the toilets are incredible. They have buttons for water squirting out in different directions, buttons for sounds and buttons for smells. Very interesting!

Acquaintances: Met super nice people from Spokane who are doing the same thing I am doing.

Hotel: Nice, Dong Fang Hotel, Guangzhou, China. This hotel is beautiful in so many ways but we have a water issue. More of that later. For now, we are just so glad we are here.






No comments: